Don't forget to check out part 1 if you have no read it. In the second part of this 5 part tutorial series on how to build a Twitter-like website, we will be creating a signup form so that users can register to our website. We will be adding records to the database that we […]
This tutorial will be the first of a five part series where we will built a social network site similar to Twitter from scratch. We will be using the CodeIgniter framework for the core of the website and jQuery for the effects. In this first part we will be configuring CodeIgniter to display everything correctly […]
jQuery is a great tool that everyone in web development should be using to make the functionality of their websites better, it's easy of use and good documentation is what makes jQuery such a successful framework. Although the documentation is good there are still a lot of tutorials out there that you should check out.
For this tutorial we are going to create a drop down box similar to the one on the Google homepage when you start typing. The Markup The first thing that we must do is create the markup HTML. We are also going to include a stylesheet called style.css, we will create the CSS further down […]
For this tutorial we will be using the ImgBrowz0r class for the backend of the gallery, we will then write a jQuery script so that we can browse through the gallery created by ImgBrowz0r without no page reloads and a nice effect between page requests so the user knows the page has changed. We will […]
If you use Twitter you'll notice that there is a more button at the bottom at the bottom of your timeline, when you click this more tweets appear. This is Twitters way of paginating a page. In this tutorial I'll show you how to create a pagination system using CodeIgniter and jQuery that is almost […]
Recently I wrote quite a huge chunk of jQuery for a website and it worked fine. A few days later I checked back to make sure that everything was working correctly after modifying a few things, but to my surprise none of the jQuery code worked. The problem was that I had added some Mootools […]